- Name: Devendra Gangadharrao Fadnavis
- DOB: Jul 22, 1970
- Political Party: BJP
- Place of Birth: Nagpur
- Father’s Name: Gangadhar Fadnavis
- Mother’s Name: Sarita Fadnavis
- Education: Diploma in Methods and Techniques of Project Management from D.S.E. Berlin Post Graduation in Business Management LLB from Nagpur University
- Profession: Before joining politics he was Branch Manager in Axis bank
- Spouse Name: Mrs. Amruta Fadnavis
- Children: 1 daughter
- Positions held
- 18th Chief Minister of Maharashtra since 31 October 2014
- Member of the Maharashtra Legislative Assembly for Nagpur South West since 2009
- Member of the Maharashtra Legislative Assembly for Nagpur West (1999-2009)
- Mayor of Nagpur (1997-2001)
Devendra Fadnavis is the current Chief Minister of Maharashtra State. He was born and brought up in Nagpur and has been in the CM office since 2014 when he was elected by the MLA and party high command. He is the member of BJP and the RSS and is the youngest CM so far in any Indian state taking the charge at the age of 44.
He was born in the family of Mr. Gangadhar Fadnavis, who also served as a member of the Maharashtra Legislative Council from the Nagpur Constituency, while his mother Sarita Fadnavis is a former Director of Vidarbha Housing Credit Society.
He did his schooling from Indira Convent and later attended Saraswati Vidyalaya school. He then attended Dharampeth Junior College for his intermediate and later enrolled at Government Law College, Nagpur, for a 5-year integrated law degree program and graduating in the year 1992. He also did his PG Diploma course in Business Management along with getting his diploma in Methods and Techniques of Project Management from the German Foundation for International Development), Berlin.
His career in politics started in the mid-nineties when he completed his education. As a college student, he was the member of ABVP or Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad the student wing of BJP. In the late nineties, he won his first election of from Ram Nagar ward as a ward councilor and in the next term, he was the mayor of Nagpur Municipal Corporation to emerge as the second-youngest mayor of the Indian history. In the year 1999, he is currently elected for the fourth time for the BJP for Nagpur in the Legislative Assembly of Maharashtra State.
Positions Held in BJP
- Ward President of BJYM in 1989
- Office Bearer of Nagpur (west) for BJP in 1990
- Nagpur President for BJYM in 1992
- State Vice President for BJYM in 1994
- National Vice President for BJYM in 2001
- General Secretary for BJP, Maharashtra in 2010
- President for BJP Maharashtra in 2013
- Mayor, the City of Nagpur for the year (1997 to 2001)
- Member, Maharashtra Legislative Assembly for 4 consecutive terms, since 1999
- Chief Minister – Maharashtra since November 2014.
Fadnavis is married to a Banker Amruta Fadnavis and the couple has a daughter named Divija Fadnavis.
Note: we do not authentic Controversy, It was referred from Wikipedia
While addressing in Nashik, he said that every Indian should chant ‘Bharat Mata ki Jai’ and people failing to do so should go either to Pak or China. Soon this statement created a big controversy and it took some time to settle down the issue.