Nagpur Metro is the rapid transit system for the city of a whopping cost of 8,260 crore INR. It all started in February 2014 when Maharashtra Government gave its consent for the Metro Project, however, the project got the green flag in August 2014 by the Union Government led by PM Narendra Modi who came to lay the foundation stone. However, the construction started from 31 May 2015, and the first trial run for the Metro was taken on 30 September 2017.
Nagpur Metro Rail ಅವರಿಂದ ಈ ದಿನದಂದು ಪೋಸ್ಟ್ ಮಾಡಲಾಗಿದೆ ಶನಿವಾರ, ಆಗಸ್ಟ್ 10, 2019
Metro Rail Expenditure
Union & State Government share is 20% share, Nagpur Municipal Corporation, and Nagpur Improvement Trust share is 5 percent and the rest 50% is being financed by the loan.
Recently, the loan by KfW, (a German government-owned development bank) has approved a loan of INR 3,700 crores for the project. An additional loan of INR 444 crore is lined up by a few feeder groups.
The remaining amount of 130 million USD has the funds from AFD France given against 20-year credit, which will be used for signaling, automatic fare collection systems, telecommunication, lifts, and escalators.
- Alignment-1 North-South Corridor will cover 20 stations with 22.293 km
The stations include Automotive Square, along Kamptee Road, Wardha Road, Variety Square to Abhyankar Road, along Nag River alignment will fall on Humpyard Road, Rahate Colony Road, Wardha Road, Khamla Road, Airport, MIHAN Area
- Alignment-2 East-West Corridor will cover 19.407 km, 20 stations
The stations include Prajapati Nagar, along CA Road, Railway Feeder Road, Munje Square, Jhansi Rani Square, North Ambajhari Road, Hingna Road, Lokmanya Nagar
The Orange Line is active which covers Buldi to Kharbi covering a distance of 13.4 km.Nagpur Metro Lines
- Line 1: Orange Line (North-South Corridor) Covering the Rail Length:22.293 km; No of Stations include 20.
- Line 2: Blue Line (East-West Corridor) It covers the (Rail Length of 19.407 km with number of Stations to be 20.
Nagpur Metro Time Table:
Metro – Timeline
- Nov- Detailed Project Report submitted
- Aug -Union Cabinet approval
- Nov Start of the construction
- Jan – Work on Wardha Road.
- Aug – Work on Ajni road
- Sep – near Nagpur railway station.
- October – Ambazari Lake and Sitabuldi Interchange Station
- Dec – East-West Corridor.
- Dec- Construction at MIHAN on the N-S Corridor.
- Jan- Work Started on Zero Mile Station.
- Aug- Trial run started Till Airport Station.
- Sep- First trial run (5.6 km section) between Mihan area and Khapri station
- February -DPR of Phase II
- April – Second and Final inspection of CMRS for clearance.
- Dec – Work progressing in all sections but Metro may miss March 2019 deadline.
- January – The first metro train from China reached metro depot in Nagpur.
- February- Trial run begins and 12.5 Kms long Phase-1 section from Sitabuldi to Khapri kicked off
- March – CMRS inspection carried out.
For More Visit Nagpur Metro Official Website : http://www.metrorailnagpur.com/