Chandrapur: one middle-aged tigress has died due to electrocution inside a field on the side of Vaigaon-Chandankheda road in the Bhadravati range. On Thursday morning body of the tigress was found. The buffer zone of Tadoba has been identified as a part of the litter of the popular tigress Madhu.
It is suspected by the forest officials that 1 farm laborer had laid electrified wire along the fence of his farm to prevent all wild animals from entering the field to protect his crop.
Official sources have also told that this body was found in the early morning hours. In the field of a person named Randive, about 25 meters from that road. On receiving this information, RFO, Bhadrawati, Haridas Shende along with his team reached the spot. And after all the necessary interrogation formalities, the body of the tigress was taken out from there.
Fifth death of tiger
Haridas has confirmed that his death was due to electric shock. But they haven’t even found any electric wire there. And then the forest workers have taken the agricultural laborer into custody on the charge of installing the electric wire. And the owner of that farm lives somewhere else, in a town.
The post-mortem of the dead body has been done at Chora Forest Depot by 1 team of veterinarians. Including livestock development officer Dr. Shendre, Dr. Kundam Podchelwar, and Dr. Ravikant Khobragade. A deep mark of electrocution was found on the right hind leg of the tigress. There is also the possibility of the cat coming with the help of a drain running very close by. And has fallen victim to the electrified wire laid through that field officials confirmed the death of the tigress due to electrocution.
Sources have also told that this is the fifth death of a tiger in the Chandrapur district in 2021 this year. Sources have also claimed that around 34 tigers have died in Maharashtra so far. And this year this is the first death of a tigress due to electric shock.