Nagpur often called as Orange City, is the second capital city of the Maharashtra state. As per the Oxford Economics Report, the city is among the fifth fastest-growing city in the world, which goes around 8.4 percent. The city has been proposed among the smart cities of the country and it ranks the seventh position when it comes to the top cities in the state.
1. Best chemical engineering college in Asia ‘LIT’
2. VNIT 2nd biggest engineering college after ICE
3. Only city in India having maximum number of statues at squares
4. Biggest cargo hub in India
5. Only city in Asia having biggest fire engineering college
6. Only city in Asia having diamond crossing
7. Only station in India where 400 train are passing every day
8. 2nd biggest Dikshabhumi stoop in Asia after china
9. 3 times Got award by Times of India as best city to live in India
10. Best RBI in India constructed by British.
11. All of RBI’s Gold in India is stored in Nagpur
12. After Delhi now the Second Capital of India, politically as well since RSS headquarters is in Nagpur
13. Only City in India which has 3 Ordinance Factories (Ambazari, Bhandara, Chandrapur) & Biggest Ordinance Storing facility of Army (Pulgaon)
14. Vidarbha has Coal Deposits that can sustain till2040.
15. Haldirams is the largest namkeen production& marketing chain in India.
16.Greenest, Cleanest, Safest City in India – TOI
17. After completion MIHAN will be the biggest Cargo Hub in Asia.
18. After 2017 World’s 35% Thermal Power Plants will be in Vidarbha Region.
19. Zero Mile is in Nagpur.. Approx center of INDIA.
20.CICR.. is only one National research institute in d country for cotton.
21. NEERI the only one research institute for National Environment