Nagpur: A senior citizen was among the four injured in an explosion caused by leakage of an LPG cylinder inside a house at Chittor Oli palace in the early hours of Saturday. The intensity was such that cracks have also appeared in the windows and walls of nearby houses.
The explosion from an LPG cylinder has almost engulfed the Bind family as well. Most of whom were in sleep at that time. When this incident happened around 5.45 in the morning time. The family has suffered a loss of more than Rs 10 lakh.
Gajanan Bind, 60, was nearly washed away in the explosion caused by an LPG cylinder. Due to which he was burnt. His wife Urmila (55) and Arti (29) have also been badly injured in the incident. 60-year-old Gajanan Bind’s grandson Sanki Wankhede has also suffered burns.
Replaced a refilled LPG cylinder
Electronic equipment like TVs, furniture, walls and other materials have also been damaged in this blast.
Ganjipeth fire station fire officer Anil Gode and his team responded quickly after alerting the police officials. Under the supervision of Chief Fire Officer Rajendra Uchke. The fire brigade has ensured that the damage is limited to some extent.
Sources have said that the Gajanan Bind family had changed a refilled LPG cylinder a few days back. And it has also been learned that the Bind family used to use LPG gas for geysers in the bathroom apart from the kitchen.
Senior Inspector of Kotwali police station named Mukund Thakre has said that prima facie LPG leak is behind the explosion of LPG cylinder. Before trying to open the kitchen door. Bind lit the lamp which probably acted as the ignition to explode the LPG cylinder. We have summoned sniffer dogs and various agencies including Bomb Detection and Disposal Squad (BDDS) to investigate the matter.