MHT CET is the common state-level entrance examination of Maharashtra state which is conducted to provide admission in 3- year Bachelor courses and 5- year Integrated courses by DHE Maharashtra.
- The entrance test ensures a candidate’s admission in various law institutes in the state.
- The exam opens the door to various undergraduate courses including two law courses, i.e., 3- Year LLB Program and 5- year Integrated Law program.
- An official notification has been released by DHE Maharashtra regarding the revised date of the MHT CET Application Form due to the recent situation of complete lockdown in the country.
- There is a recent announcement by MH CET authorities of fake news circulated on social media.
MHT CET Application form date revised
The last date of online application form submission for the Common Entrance Test (CET) has been extended by the Maharashtra State Common Entrance Test Cell. Now the candidates will be able to submit the online MHT CET application form till May 30th, 2020 as per the official notice released by the department. This has been done keeping in mind the current situation of the country in view of novel COVID- 19. But, the application process for the LLB course (5 years) has been closed on March 6th, 2020.
Candidates can visit the official website of the exam test cell, i.e., cetcell.mahacet.org and register themselves for different entrance examinations. As per the notification released by the test cell, it has been announced that the new dates for the examination will be held in July.
MHT CET for LLB 3-years will be held tentatively on Aug 6 and LLB 5-years is tentatively scheduled for July 24 as per the recent notice released by the authority.
The state common entrance examination test cell has asked the candidates to believe only in the official information and not to spread any fake news regarding the conduct of the examination.
MHT CET Application Form: Salient Features
- The MHT CET application form for the entrance test can be made at the official website of the entrance test through the online mode.
- The application form for all courses including 3- year LLB program is extended till May 30th.
- The registration of the integrated program began from January 21st and closed on March 6, 2020.
- In order to register for the examination, Candidates are required to provide their mail IDs and phone number while filling the form.
- After providing all the relevant details, candidates are required to upload their photograph and signature.
- Take the print out of the application form and keep it safe for future correspondence.
MHT CET Application Form: Important Dates
- The application form for 3- year LLB program was released on March 19th, 2020, and 5- year Integrated program was released on January 21st, 2020.
- The deadline to fill the MHT CET application form for all courses including 3-year LLB program has been extended to May 30, 2020 due to lockdown 4.0. The last date to fill the application form of the 5- year Integrated LLB program has closed by March 6th, 2020.
- The admit cards will be released 2 weeks before the actual date of the examination.
MHT CET Exam Pattern
- Mode of Examination: The exam will be a Computer-based test which will be conducted in online mode.
- Number and Types of Questions: The paper will have three sets of question papers, and the types of questions asked will be Multiple Choice Questions.
- Time Duration: The total duration of the paper will be 180 minutes.
- Total Marks: Each of the three papers will carry 100 marks.
MHT CET Application Form 2020: How to fill the online application form
- Visit the official website of the test cell, that is, http://cetcell.mahacet.org/.
- Select the course in which you would like to take admission.
- After selecting the course of your choice, you will be redirected to a new page. Now, Click on the registration link if you have not applied yet.
- You ID and password will be generated.
- Fill in all the details in the application form using the ID and password.
- Pay the online application fees in the end and print the MHT CET application form for the future reference.
MHT CET 2020 Preparation Tips
- Candidates are advised to study the syllabus carefully and make a proper time table according to that.
- Students should completely understand the exam syllabus, paper pattern and the marking scheme.
- Go through the previous years’ question papers to get an idea of the MHT CET examination.
- Make short and brief notes while preparing for the entrance test.
- Revise the syllabus frequently and make sure to collect important points.
- Attempt as many mock tests as you can to get a realistic experience of the exam day.
With the notice regarding the extension in the date of filing the MHT CET application form, students can now fill the form till May 30, 2020. Students are advised to avoid all the fake news and trust the information released by the Maharashtra State Common Entrance Test Cell.