The ministry of home affairs has released the fresh guidelines for ‘unlock 4’, asserting that metro rails in various states will resume functioning in a phased manner from September 7. Schools, cinema halls and swimming pools, however, will remain shut as if now.
Guidelines also said that open-air theatres will resume operations from September 21, with necessary precautions to be taken.
Below is what will reopen and what remains shut during Unlock 4:
– Social, academic, sports, entertainment, political, cultural, and religious functions, and gatherings will be allowed but a maximum of 100 people are permitted from September 21. Face masks and social distancing are however mandatory in all such gatherings.
– Inter-state and intra-state movements are completely permissible. No separate permissions are required now from any state authorities.
– Schools and educational institutions will remain shut till September 30.
– However, students of classes 9 to 12 may be permitted to visit their schools, outside containment zones only, to take teachers’ guidance. This will require the written consent of their parents.
– Only 50 percent of teaching and non-teaching staff can be called to schools at a time for online teaching.
– Movie theatres, swimming pools, entertainment parks will remain shut.
– International air travel of passengers will remain banned, except for those allowed by the centre.
– Lockdown will continue in the containment zones till September 30.
The containment zones will be notified on the websites of the respective district collectors and by the states/UTs and information will also be shared with the Union home ministry.
Please refer the full order by the ministry below:
Corona cases in India are rising at a rapid pace with no signs of improvement. On Friday, India reported 76,139 new cases of Covid-19, taking the total number of cases in the country to 3,458,186.