- Full Name: Nitin Gadkari
- Constituency : Nagpur
- DOB : 27/05/1957
- Age: 62 Yrs, As of 2019
- Place of Birth: Nagpur, Maharashta.
- Political Party: BJP
- Education: M. Com., L.L.B from University of Nagpur.
- Marital Status: Married
- Spouse name: Kanchan Gadkari
- Children: 2 son Nikhil, Sarang and 1 daughter Ketki.
- Father’s Name: Jairam Ramchandra Gadkari
- Mother’s Name: Bhanutai Gadkari
- Position held: Minister of Road Transport and Highways (26 May 2014)
Nitin Jairam Gadkari is a Senior BJP leader and current Minister for Road Transport & Highways of India along with being the Shipping Minister of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises for the Government of India. He has served as the National President of the BJP for the term 2010-13. Besides, he is also known for his extensive work in Nagpur and vicinity while he was Public Works Department Minister of the State of Maharashtra. He built a series of roads, flyovers, highways all across the state which includes the infamous Mumbai-Pune Expressway the country’s first six-lane concrete, high-speed expressway. He is closely associated with the RSS and currently represents the Nagpur constituency in the current term 2019 to 2014.
He was born on 27 May 1957 in Nagpur in a Maharashtrian family with parents – Jairam Gadkari and Bhanutai Gadkari. He did his schooling and college from Nagpur itself.
He did his graduation and post-graduation in Commerce from Nagpur University followed by Law (LLB) from Nagpur University.
His career in politics started with the Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha and later in Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad, which made him enter the arena of politics. While he started businesses and later turned industrialist, he remained active in politics to become the Minister of PWD of the Government of Maharashtra during the BJP and Shiv Sena Government in the term 1995 to 1999. Later he was appointed as the Chairman of National Rural Road Development Committee. and during his regime, he extended huge work around the state of roads, highways, flyovers shaping up the infrastructure of the state.
- PWD Minister, Govt of Maharashtra in 1995 to 1999
- Chairman of Purti Group of Companies
- President of the Bharatiya Janata Party, Maharashtra State
- Leader of Opposition of the Maharashtra Legislative Council in 1999 to 2004
- Member of Legislative Council, Maharashtra State
- Elected to the Maharashtra Govt. Legislative Council in the year 1989 from the graduates’ constituency, Nagpur Region
- Re-elected in 1990 and 1996
- High Power Committee for Privatisation Member for the Government of Maharashtra
- Chairman, Maharashtra State Road Development Corporation, India
- Guardian Minister for Nagpur District, Govt. of Maharashtra
- Chairman, Metropolis Beautification Committee, Govt. of Maharashtra
- Chairman, Mining policy Implementation Committee, Govt. of Maharashtra
- Ex-Leader of Opposition, Maharashtra Legislative Council, Chairman National Rural Road Development Committee
- State President of Bhartiya Janata Party, Maharashtra
- Chairman, Review Committee of CPWD, Govt. of India
- National President of BJP, India
Career as industrialist
While he was active in politics, he also established industries and remained the part of many companies and groups in a different capacity as under:
- Poly sack Industrial Society Ltd as the founder and chairman
- Antyodaya Trust – Founder and Member
- Nikhil Furniture and Appliances Pvt. Ltd – Promoter, and Director
- Empress Employees Co-operative Paper Mills Ltd – Founder and Chairman
- Purti Power and Sugar Ltd / Purti Sakhar Karkhana Ltd – promoter
He is married to Kanchan Gadkari and the couple has three kids Nikhil, Sarang, and Ketki. All of his kids are married.
Note: we do not authentic Controversy, It was referred from Wikipedia
Talking about the controversies in August 2019, he asked the Union Finance Minister to sack the RBI Governor as remained inflexible and adamant. The same year in January he said that the leaders who fail to deliver should be published by getting beaten up.