The third wave of coronavirus has started arriving in Nagpur, so new restrictions will be imposed soon,’ said State Energy Minister Nitin Raut after meeting with senior administrators from different state departments. In an interview with reporters, Raut stated that the third wave, which was anticipated to hit the country in September-October, has arrived in Nagpur, where the city has recorded coronavirus cases in the double digits.
Prominently, Nagpur’s COVID-19 tally increased by 12 throughout the day to 4,93,072, whereas the death toll stayed constant at 10,119, having left the district with the total active cases counting to be 56. Raut told reporters after the divisional commissioner meeting that the everyday addition had been in the single digits until a few days ago, but it was 12 on Monday. He stated that 78 samples were sent for genome analysis.
When asked what kind of restrictions could be imposed in the city, Raut stated that enhanced regulations might include restaurants remaining open until 8 in the night instead of 10 p.m., shops and other places of business remaining open until 4 p.m., and a complete close down on weekends, with only essential services allowed to function.
Previously, in response to the increasing number of Delta plus variant cases in Maharashtra, the Nagpur Municipal Corporation (NMC) ordered government-mandated organizational quarantine and to get admitted to the hospital for all patients in the city who tested positive for the deadly COVID-19.