As the lockdown is all set to end after 66 days today, fresh orders to extend it has appeared from the Ministry of Home Affairs. It will be only seen extending to the containment zones till 30th June, while all the economic activities are likely to start in a phased fashion outside these zones. The fourth phase of the lockdown will end by today evening, while the fifth lockdown is likely to allow many activities outside the containment zones.
Let’s check how it will be opened phase-wise:
Phase 1 by 8th June 2020
- In the first phase, all the religious places like temple, churches and mosques will be opened
- Restaurants, cafes, and hotels along with other hospitality services are likely to open
- Shopping malls will operate as per the standard operating procedures
Phase 2: However, the colleges, schools, educational and other institutions are likely to be opened in consultations with the states and union territories. Only the locations falling in the non-containment zones are likely to re-open phase-wise.
Phase 3: In the third phase, international travel will be allowed as per MHA, along with metro rails, gym, cinema halls, swimming pools, bars, parks and assembly halls.
The other guidelines: The other guidelines that would remain effective in the entire nation include the following:
- Night curfew to remain strictly prohibited, which will be seen effective between 9.00 pm to 5.00 am.
- The Section 144 of CrPC will remain under strict compliance.
- States/ UTs can restrict certain activities outside the Containment zones as per situations
- Use of Aarogya Setu is a must